A poster session will be held before dinner on Monday, February 3rd.
The deadline for poster submissions has passed.
Guidelines for poster presentations can be viewed below.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- There is no fixed size for posters at the 5th International Swan Symposium. We recommend that posters should fit within an area 1500 mm (H) x 1000 mm (W), but if already produced, A0 size portrait posters should be OK.
- The title should be in bold. Author's affiliations and e-mail addresses for corresponding authors should be included.
- Body of the poster should start with a short introduction followed by methods, results and conclusion(s) clearly indicted.
- Graphics: effective visual display of information is essential in a poster presentation. To help achieve this goal, author(s) should concentrate on two or three main points and graphic displays should be given priority over text to illustrate the message more effectively. Overall, a poster should have more graphics than text. In addition, graphics should be simple to understand, with contrasting colours and no grid lines.
- Text: a poster should be easily readable from a distance of 1 - 2 metres, and 1.5 or 2 lines of spaces should be used between each line.
- Headings should be 25% larger than normal text. Bold or other colours may be used.
- Text should be kept to a minimum, and each block of text should include no more than a few sentences.
- Smaller fonts may be used in citations and acknowledgement.
- Suggested font sizes are:
- Main title: 78-96 pt (bold, upper case)
- Author(s): 72 pt (bold, title case)
- Affiliation(s): 48 pt (normal, title case)
- Subheading: 36 pt (bold uppercase)
- Body of text: 24 pt (normal)
- All measurement units should be metric